Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Importance of Page 1 Search Engine Rankings for Search Results

Today anyone with a pulse can build a website with the online tools from GoDaddy, WordPress or thousands of other free programs.  The problem with Do it Yourself website development is that Search Engines (and your customers) KNOW when a generic template is used since there are thousands upon thousands of other websites that have the identical framework, code and design. 

 I am a Do it Yourself kind of guy, I fix my own cars, remodel my own houses and founded my own website company over 20 years ago.  What I realized after the first few years was that I can't do everything as good by myself and clearly there is value to hiring experts when it comes to specialty items.  I found I have serious talent when it comes to SEO, social networking, understanding anything technology related and instructing classes.  At the same time I realized I do not have the patience, or maybe my ADHD limits, to be the best programmer or graphics designer or project coordinator.  Instead of trying to be the Jack of All Trades, limiting the success of the people I worked with due to my limits, I realized the value of hiring the best expert for each step of the website process.

I learned to build websites similar to building a house where a foundation crew, framers, electricians, plumbers, roofers, superintendents, all work together to complete a portion of the project.  No electrician would try to build an entire house alone and no company should try and build a website without a team of professionals each performing the specific talent they are best suited for.  The result of building a website with a team of experts is higher rankings on search engines, more professional look/feel and usability and online marketing experts to make sure you reach more buyers and sell more online. 

A pretty website not listed on page 1 of the search engines is like having the best billboard in town setup in your basement.  Sure it may look nice but the only person who is going to see it is YOU or the people you directly bring to see it.  Nearly 95% of online users never go past page 1 of the search engine search results.  Only around 5% ever go to page 2 and 33% of all online users click on the the top 3 organic (not paid ads) search results. 

Search Engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo know the difference between a template and a custom coded website.  They rank websites based on clean programming code, search engine optimized content, how items on the website are organized, the type of links and traffic, design and even where a website is hosted.   If you want to rank higher on search engines, reach more customers, sell more and control your brand online....you need to hire a team of experts with years of experience who really understand how search engines work.

Robert Dotcom Jackson
Website, SEO and Technology Expert, CEO
Internet Builders & Consulting - Building BETTER Websites, SEO and Social Marketing since 1995
Office 816-982-9674

No comments:

Post a Comment